Monday, November 23, 2009

1989

Well, I'm a week late on this post. Ethan turned 20 last Monday, November 16th. It is really hard to believe that he is no longer a teenager and that he is growing/grown up. Ethan was my biggest baby, weighing in at 10lbs 4oz. He was born is Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii.

These are the only pictures of him he would let me take. I can't find his baby book since we moved 2 years ago. It's still packed up somewhere in the shop. I guess I ought to finally unpack things. Anyway....enjoy.






Ethan in a very tender, caring young man. He loves his mom and puts up with her antics and sillyness. Our favorite conversation is: me, "Love you", him, "Love you more", me, "Love you most", him, "love you mostest" etc, etc,. Yes, we know those aren't real words, but we love to try to out do the other person in expressing our love for each other. Thanks E, you know I love that about you.
He loves having his back rubbed or fingers run through his hair. (He is just like a cat when you touch his head. He will move it around and almost purr while his head is rubbed.) hehe!
Ethan has a great love for family. His best friends are his cousins and sisters. He admires his "older" cousins and enjoys hanging out with them, their wives and their kids. He is a very hard worker. Cannot sit still for 15 min. He loves construction and working with his hands, but his first love is horses. He still enjoys trying to let a horse buck him off during a rodeo. Ethan has high hopes of one day being in the NFR as a Bareback contestant, but for now, he is riding in every possible rodeo he can enter and living his dream to the fullest. Ethan is faithful in his attendance at church and in his priesthood duties. He's a teenager/young adult that doesn't really enjoy sitting through church, but knows that is where he is suppose to be, so that is where he is. Ethan is a joy and a blessing to our family. He is a good son!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Ethan! Wow...20. CRAZY! He is such a nice kid and soooo funny. Hope he had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Amen"... to everything you said about Ethan! We love having him in our home... my kids love him to death!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ethan is sooooo cute! I love his sense of humor! Happy Birthday! Love ya Aunt Lan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Ethan is so awesome. Ethan and Jeremy were so great to help my mom the other night. My mom said that you guys raised a wonderful son. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Ethan! That's so cute the way you described him being like a cat getting rubbed. I can toally picture him being that way. And the part about not sitting still......that is so Ethan:)

    ReplyDelete