Friday, November 6, 2009

CLEVELAND ROCKS

While I was at the Salt Lake Temple last night, Mardee said that she had been told about my blog and went to see what I had to update about Abi. Well when she told me this story, I thought that I had better put something up about my darling missionary.
Abi feels truly blessed to be able to have the Kirtland Temple in her area. It is truly sacred ground. A fantastic missionary tool to help investigators feel the Spirit as they are taught the truths of the restoration.






Abi is currently serving in the North Olmsted Area, Cleveland Zone. She has been out 10 months, has been in 3 areas and has had only 1 companion for 2 transfers. She was a trainer after just 6 months out. She is currently living with the Stake President, President Titera and his wife. A funny thing about this.....It's a small world!!!!! Sister Titera's sister and BIL live in the 11th ward of the Grantsville Utah Stake. Abi and Sister Romney are serving in the same ward that the Mission President and Stake President attend. PRESSURE.

This is Abi with her 1st Mission President and Sister Peterson. They are from Salt Lake. Abi changed Mission President's in July. She now serves under President and Sister Sorenson.

Some of Abi's most recent thoughts....

"Our teaching pool is REALLY small, in fact we have no progressing investigators. (This letter was written just after her transfer to a new area). This area has so much potential and I'm thrilled with the trust Heavenly Father has placed in me to help build it up. I decided at the beginning of my mission that I just wanted Heavenly Father to trust me with whatever He needed done. Every area I've served in I've come in with no investigators and a lot of tracting before me.....then as I've left I've usually left behind a couple of baptisms or baptismal dates or a large teaching pool. I do not boast of myself, but I glory in Jesus. I'm grateful for these blessings. I guess it just goes back to the rule of leaving things better than you found them. These people aren't mine, they are Heavenly Father's children. I do my best to trust in Him and that He will tell me what to do with them."

Abi has had her share of mishaps and accidents. She has been in 2 car wrecks, neither were the missionaries fault. She has fallen down and scraped her leg several times. She has had birds poop on her head and been caught outside in several down pours. She is loving her missionary experiences.

Hope you have enjoyed getting caught up on what our darling daughter is up to. She loves being called as a special witness of Jesus Christ, and testifying to the world, or the Cleveland community, that Jesus is the Christ and that happiness comes through Him.

4 comments:

  1. Love the update! You should do it more often. Sounds like things are going great for her, I'm so glad. I can't believe she has been out almost a year, time sure does go by fast. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was great! Teresa, I'm a terrible friend and an even more terrible missionary writer (ask Kevin!) but I hope you and Abi both know that you are in my prayers and I wouldn't be who I am without you both! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy reading Abi's letters that you forward to me! She is so close to the spirit and she makes we want to increase the sincerity of my prayers. She is such an awesome example of someone who is trying to be like Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Teresa for the update on Abi's mission experiences....I also love to hear her thoughts as she serves the Lord. I also loved so much hearing the poem she wrote tht Jeff read in his talk Sunday....she's got more talent than just preaching the gospel.....as if that wasn't enough! :)

    ReplyDelete