Tuesday, November 10, 2009

1985

I'm a day late with this BIRTHDAY post. It is hard to believe that my 1st born turned 24 years old yesterday. I am in awe of the fine young man that he is.



Here is the story of him entering the world. I found out that I was pregnant in March of 1985. I was given a due date of Oct. 25th. As the months went by, I slowly developed a very large belly. The doctors were concerned about my size and the possible size of the baby, (This is back in the day when ultrasounds weren't as common as they are now)so they thought that they better find out how big this little guy was. Well, after they did the ultrasound they moved my due date up to September 26th, a whole month. I knew that there was no way that I was that off with the date of my last period, but figuring that the doctors knew better, we went with that. I began going to my doctors appointments on a weekly basis the first of September and by the time I had gone 8 weeks, every week to see the doctor, with no progress we knew something was up. I had to go to the hospital several times to have non-stress test done to make sure that the baby wasn't in any stress. Winston stopped moving around and after we passed our original due date of October 25th, we asked the Doctor when we should start to worry. Mind you, I have not dialated or thinned at all. No progress what so ever! The doctor says that usually at about 2 weeks past the due date they begin to get concerned about the placenta functioning effectively. We told the doctor that we were at 2 weeks, he said see you in the morning. We left the doctors office, went straight to the hospital for blood draws, knowing that I was going to have to deliver c-section. All went well.


I forgot to add that just before they pulled Winston out, he pooped, swallowed it and was in Intensive Care for a day and a half. Scary but like I said all was well.

Winston Grant McNeill
9lbs 14oz
(born sometime in the morning, can't remember the exact time.)
head circumference 47" (too big to fit through the birth canal.)

My beautiful baby has grown to be a handsome man. Winston works with his dad, understands the construction business, wants to go to school to be an accountant, loves to dance, sing, & play WOW. He is working to be able to put himself through school.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! How come I never knew that story! Happy Birthday Winston! Love you, Teresa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember vivadly when Winston was born, and the weekend we came down for his blessing... and Family Photos. Don't forget that very fun event. A missing Jeff, a sick baby Aimee (Why does it seem when we get a Fox Fam Picture someone is always sick????) Oh the memories. And I remember pleading with my parents to delay our departure frequently, so that I could hold Winston for just a little longer!!!
    luv you cuz,
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Dirthday Winst... You can't be 24 years old...you were just born yesterday. Lara's comment jogged my memory, I didn't remember the details. Thanks for the great post!
    Love you Dietz

    ReplyDelete