Wednesday, February 18, 2009

All work and no play...

If you were to ask my family they would tell you that I hate to shop. There are very few times that I am excited to go shopping for anything. Clothes, groceries, doesn't really matter what it is.........I HATE TO SHOP.

So, last weekend Jeff and I flew to Las Vegas for the semi-annual furniture market.(This is our attempt at a self picture on the airplane) Not that you could describe this activity as fun, but it was nice to get away with my sweetheart. We recently celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. Hard to believe that we have been married that long. Here are some pictures of our adventures, and what the market looks like.

Can imagine what it was like for me to traverse these buildings, all floors, back and forth many times just to find the right things to buy. Then once you find the items to buy, the next question is how many? ARGH! Las Vegas Market is 3 buildings of 15 floors of furniture. Every kind, shape, look, style, color. Name it, somebody in one of the 3 buildings is going to have it. We traversed these 3 buildings, all 15 floors until I thought that my knee was going to give out. We visited many manufacturers in an attempt to buy just what all of you are going to need this coming year. That is hard, since you all have such different tastes and likes. But we tried, made some good buys and had an good time seeing what is new in the furniture business.

To add to the trips enjoyment, I have one of my favorite nephew lawyers living in Vegas and he brought this adorable little boy to have dinner with us at the hotel buffet. He kept all of us so entertained with his cute laugh. We had such a good time, one of the biggest benefits of going to market is getting to visit with these guys twice a year.



We had such a good time!

In case you haven't noticed, I cut my hair. I wanted to get my hair trimmed before heading out for Vegas, called at the last minute and Tami @ Hair Hut got me right in. I told her that I finally decided that I wanted my hair different, a little shorter. I think she passed out. I have been talking about doing this for years. As you can see, I finally did it.

2 comments:

  1. I love your hair Teresa!! I think 3 buildings with 15 floors of furniture sounds like heaven to me... :)

    ReplyDelete