Thursday, February 19, 2009

Health & Fitness

I decided that I need to do something for my health. With my knee surgery last year and the doctors telling me that I have arthritis, my activity has been limited to not much. So when the clothes don't fit, and I am left home alone* with nothing to do, I did what 1 out of 8 households in Tooele County did, I joined Gold's Gym.

I have started out with a bang, Tuesday I met with a trainer who helped me with an exercise routine, Tuesday morning (5:30am) I was up swimming laps, Tuesday night I was back working on my arms and strength training and this morning I did my stomach and legs. I have decided that this "membership" is going to be my second job. I will make this happen!

Wish me luck, this is my quest!

*Just so you know why I am left home alone. Jeff has been doing alot of work out of state for Jacobsen Construction. Emalee is always at the High School. So that is why I am left home alone.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! Have you ever watched The Biggest Loser?? I Bought one of their exercise DVDs and it is the funnest thing to do! I told Abi to tell you about them because I thought of you when I started doing them. It's fun and easy and boy does it work my ever growing behind! One day when you are left home alone maybe I'll come over and we can exercise together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney, sounds like fun. I think we will have to make a "date" of it. I would love to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa... GOOD FOR YOU! I know you will make your dreams come true! I'm proud of ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl...you'll be feeling better in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm proud of you Dietz! Keep going strong. I usually do 30 mins on a glider that my 80 year old neighbor gave me this past summer. I haven't lost weight but my legs and arm feel stronger and my lungs don't give out in the first five mins like they used to! My balance is better too.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Working out is for suckers. Oh wait, I have a Gold's membership too. Have you noticed how the gym has turned into the new singles bar?

    ReplyDelete