Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The love of his life........







Well I am going to venture out and try to post a video for you all to see. I hope that I can figure it out. If there is no video attached to see, leave me directions of how to do it. Thanks in advance.

Ethan is a different kind of fellow. His freshman year in high school he played football. Was pretty good at it too, at least that is what the coach said. He enjoyed playing football, but it interfered with his rodeo nights. You see Ethan gets a big rush out of climbing on the back of a bucking horse, holding on tight and "riding" it for 8 seconds. High school rodeo season starts in Aug. and goes until June, with a little break from Dec. - Apr. No time to pursue both sports since football and rodeo were on the same nights, Ethan chose the later.

Here are a few excerpts of his latest (not his best) ride. Every Monday night at Deseret Peak Complex, the Clegg boys bring some of their wild horses to "buck out" and practice on. Helping to make the horses better and of course the cowboy.

Oops! No video as of yet. I have missed placed (remember Fling and Toss?, it got me again) the input/output cords and so I can't download the videos yet. Hope this picture will give you the idea of what he loves to do. Video coming some day, SOON!








Abi sent her first e-mail from Cleveland. She is doing great. She says that it is cold but she is staying warm by layering up her clothing. "I wear my thermals, my tights,my stretchy pants, and some socks with my boots....I keep plenty warm" Also, she spoke about her tour with all the new missionaries and their Mission President to the Kirtland Temple. She stood in the prophets office and there sang The Spirit of God, in the very chapel where it was sung for the dedication of the Temple. They then went to Newel K Whitney's store where they sat in the school of the prophets and there she was allowed to sit in silence and dedicate her mission and her life for the next 18 months to the Lord. "It is not very often that the Father appears in scripture, but 2 of the 4 times were here in Kirtland.....I stood in both of those rooms...pretty sweet way to start my mission, huh?" She is having wonderful, spiritual experiences. Her and her companion, Sister Abby Dickson (from Murray) are in a new area, Parma, OH. They are the "Abby/Abi" Sisters. Abi is still receiving blessings for her piano playing. She is getting lots of opportunities to share. Abi's new address is: Sister Abigail McNeill
6223 Stumph Rd Suite 1-A
Parma Heights, OH 44130




I have to blog about my awesome neighbors. These kids call us up and ask if we can come over and play. Of course, their mom and dad are pretty awesome too. We recently went bowling with them. It was interesting with my sore knee to bowl. Must say that I didn't come in last.





6 comments:

  1. You're getting good at this blogging thing! I love the background too. I'm glad Abi is doing well and I hope she can keep staying warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she has to wear all those layers...I would freeze!
    I'm just waiting for Ethan to go pro so we can go see hm when the NFR is in Vegas!

    It's funny that her companion's name is Abby too...weird. Glad she's doing so well, thanks for her new address!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!!! I remember it like it was yesterday, I can still remember how disappointed that I couldn't go to the Temple too. Having good examples like mom and dad, and you and Jeff showed us all how a good marriage should work!!!

    You know we have a Parma, Idaho. It's just about a 40 minute drive from here. To bad it's not the same one...
    Lots of Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! How many is this one? 26? 27? My how time flies. We just got married yesterday! Now our kids are having kids! What happened? Where did the time go?

    It is awesome that Abi has been to so many places that were important to Christ. First in the Holy Land and now where He has made appearences in Ohio, to stand in the actual place where Christ stood! Wow too awesome to comprehend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bowl ramp! That would make bowling so much more fun for the young kids! Do they have bumpers too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so happy to see that you have a blog! I love blogging. :) How is Abi doing on her mission?

    ReplyDelete