Monday, October 12, 2009

THE RESULTS OF 1 RIGHTEOUS DECISION




What are the results of a decision?

Jeff and I had the opportunity this past weekend to witness first hand the fruition of a righteous decision made many, many years earlier.

My older sister had 1 granddaughter baptized and 2 granddaughters blessed this weekend by their fathers, quite possibly because of a decision she made as a young girl in California.


You see, when I was very young we lived in Walnut Creek, CA. My parents were not active in the church but we had a faithful home teacher that came and visited monthly. As my sister reached Young Women's age, this faithful Home teacher invited her to church. Going so far as to assist her in getting to the meetinghouse. Well that faithful man, where ever he may be, probably will never know the results of his faithful service, but partially, because of him a little girl in Idaho became one of the newest members of the church this weekend, and 2 beautiful babies became recipients of a fathers blessing as they start their mortal lives.

(Lani, I hope I got the story right)

We all make decisions every day. Most of the time without even a thought of what the consequences may be. Generations far beyond our view will be the recipient of some of those choices. I am grateful for the promptings of the Spirit which help me to make the best decisions in my life.

Thanks family for the awesome weekend. I loved every single minute of it. Not to have to worry about the store, Thank you kids!!!! Visiting with wonderful family members that I don't get to see very often. Thanks Lani & Dave

4 comments:

  1. Well, I never knew that story, but it's great, and so fitting. I love this post! It was SUCH a great weekend...all those pretty girls in their white dresses. LOVE IT! So glad you could be there, it's always fun to see you guys!

    Love the family picture too, that's the first one I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea, and could you email me some of your pictures? You took a lot and I need them!!
    Thanks you!

    jolleyrogers1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great weekend, made better by being together with family. It seems like the only time lately that we get to see family is for events, and then we're always in a hurry.
    We love you lots, and are greatful that we have such a great uncle and aunt (and cousins) that loves us back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures of my family!!! I was an amazing weekend! I loved every second we were able to spend together and it seemed to go by way too fast. My CD ROM is not working so I can't see the pictures that the photographer took that day.
    I am so blessed every day because of the gospel in my life! It has helped me through all the good times and all the trying times, the easy times and the hard times. The closer I live my life in accordance with the gospel teachings the happier I am.
    You have always been a support to me and reaffirmed my choice to go to church and gain a testimony. Thanks for being here with us on this very important weekend!

    ReplyDelete