Thursday, August 27, 2009

Oh Mommy.......How are MY prayers answered?

I labeled this post with the question that has plagued my life. All too often I want the thunderbolt and lightning to come down from Heaven to answer my prayers and give me the needed information to fix the crisis that is currently plaguing my life. But unfortunately for me I never get the LOUD, NOISY answers. Those answers usually come with the still small voice, that I still haven't learned how to listen to. Then I have to decipher what the Lord wants me to hear and act with faith upon what I THINK I am being told.

For example, I have a particular concern that consumes my thoughts right now. It keeps me from getting a good nights sleep, as I toss and turn and wake up several times a night pondering it. I have been praying fervently for an answer, or more specifically, guidance. This has been going on for a few months now, with no real answer, other than to "trust the Lord". As long as I put the Lord first in my life, ALL things will work out. So that is what I have been trying to do. Going on with life, TRUSTING that Heavenly Father will make His will known to me at the appropriate time.

So here is the dilemma, this morning out of a deep sleep at 4:45am I wake up with the clear memory of a dream that I had just had. The dream was specifically about what has me concerned, but this answer isn't the answer that I had hoped would come. So is this my personal revelation and an answer to my prayers? or is it my own conscience and fear causing me to dream of the exact thing I don't want to happen?

Since my mom passed away 13 1/2 years ago, I can't really ask her, but I long for her words of wisdom and love. I have always trusted my mom, and I miss her unconditional love and support. I miss feeling her loving arms around me, comforting me and making "everything" alright. With those thoughts in mind, I ask again........ Mommy, how are MY prayers answered? Why am I so confused?

Thanks for letting me vent and express my greatest concerns. I love all of you who participate with me in my blog. I treasure your example, your wisdom, your love, and your testimony in our Savior. Thank you for you examples!

5 comments:

  1. Answers to prayers are always a tricky thing. I was taught once that you usually will hear the Holy Ghost speak to you in your own voice, not that of a stranger. That has helped me to realize that when I have thoughts (inspiration) that the Lord is guiding my thinking and helping me to see the course I should take. When I get those thoughts I usually ask "Lord is the course I should take?" If I feel at peace I usually will follow that course of action. I have to trust that if I have misinterpreted that He will take control or let me know the correct course of action.
    Priesthood blessing are also helpful if you are needing that extra added power. The temple is also a great place to go when you need to feel closer to the Lord. The temple is his house and he is there. I love it when the officiator prays that if there are any in the company who came to the temple seeking a special blessing that they will be blessed! The Lord loves and cares fo each one of us and he wants us to find peace and happiness her in this life. Love Sis! Lani

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that I have missed Grandma more in the last few years, then when reading your last post.
    I think that the way our prayers are answered is totatlly unique to each of us, we also need to be willing to do the Lords will. "Thine will be done" is what I try and remember everytime I ask Heavenly Father for something specific.
    Sunday, I was subbing one of my primary classes... and the lessons was on why Heavenly Father wants us to pray. He wants us to pray always. To give Thanks for what he has given us, and to ask for Specific Blessings...But that he just wants to hear from us. He wants to know whats plaquing us, so that he can give us the comfort we need.
    Lots of Love
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to comment on this post ealier, but thank you for all you've shared. I've been feeling about the same for the last year or so just wondering whats in store for my life and not being very content. I've been trying to understand the Lord's timing and His plan for me, but its been hard. Sorry I'm venting on your blog guess I should do it on my own blog. Love you and miss you. I hear you and Jeff are coming up next month, is that true?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Teresa! I haven't checked your blog in months, and was curious about an update about Abi, so I dropped in. I think you would find that most of us feel the same way, confused at times as to how to tell if or how our prayers are being answered. I have learned that it's okay to go ahead and do what we feel we want or think we should do, because there isn't any mistake that He can't help us with. We learn the most when we err. I like the scripture "It is not meet that I should command in all things." He expects us to use the minds that He gave us to figure things out. Make a decision, tell Him what you're going to do, and if it is necessary He'll intervene. Otherwise, use your own good judgment with His blessing. And now that I've shared all this I know that you probably have taken care of that since you posted this two months ago! Good luck, anyway! I love you! Tell Jeff hello.

    ReplyDelete