Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sister McNeill update!



From the mouth of Abi.........

While President Monson was speaking on Sunday morning telling all of the stories of his ancestors coming before and such Gio started crying...I turned to her and said
"yeah, one day you'll be my story from a pulpit....and better yet, can you hear YOUR posterity...you'll be there story too!" She loved conference. Of course I have a lot
of favorite parts of conference, but the best part was sitting next to Gio, watching
her take notes, seeing the tears slide down her face, and just feeling of her
spirit. I loved loved loved that! It was that moment that I will cherish forever
about this conference. And, it's that moment that makes all of missionary work
"worth it."


We had a great district meeting this week. Elder Bergeson, our DL,promised us that if we went throughout the week teaching the true doctrine of the Godhead that we would see success. We found that to be very true. I love the power of the priesthood. I love being a missionary and carrying the name of Jesus Christ and I love that I have the power to promise people blessings in His name. It's awesome. I'm excited for district meeting this week, because as Gio told you, I get to share one of the most sacred, and awesome, and wonderful experiences of my life. Being the easter season Elder Bergesen has asked me that I share my Jerusalem pics with them and how we can help our investigators enjoy the full benefits of the Atonement. I'm thrilled.

I LOVED Elder Hollands talk in conference where he said that "It trumpets from the
hill of Calvary that we NEVER have to do it alone." I heard that trumpet! I'm so
grateful for it!
I let an old man in the ward cut my hair...but I'm not sending pics until mom and
Emalee send me some of there hair!! Why did I do it? Well, I really want to grow my
hair out and have it be long and beautiful again, but the perm was growing out, and
the color was growing out...it looked and felt nasty and the last girl here that I
had cut it for me did the worlds worst chop job. I hated it. Every morning I was SO
sad. So, we went to dinner at the Merrymans. Larry is this really old cool guy, he
was sewing up the pocket on my coat and I thought to myself "I bet 50 dollars he can
cut hair." So I asked him, showed him what that girl had done and what I wanted and
sure enough I had a hair cut! I like it. It's not anything extravagant...it's simple but now I can let it grow out long and pretty again! Yeah!
We need your prayers in finding more people to teach...but not just people to teach,
people that are prepared to progress. We are having real struggles getting people to
progress, especially come to church. I'm praying the Lord will let me stay here one more transfer. They are on the 15th...Gio's baptism is the 18th. However, I have been saying not my will but His be done...I will do what the Lord asks without complaining. It doesn't mean that it won't be hard, and I won't cry, but I will do it.

Thanks for all you do for me and the love and prayers you are sending my way. I feel them all the time. I love being a missionary. I'm so glad I made this decision to serve the Lord.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I love Abi's testimony! She asked me to put Gio's name in the temple. I've put it in twice now. I pray for her when I am in the celestial room. In fact I put both their names in the temple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am just so honored to see my name and pictures on your blog! Thank you so much for all your prayers! They are surely received! I did love conference! It was amazing to hear the prophet speak! I am getting baptized on April 18th, and I am so excited to be clean and also to have the gift of the Holy Ghost! I can already feel so many blessings already! I just love Sister McNeill and she will be staying one more transfer so she can be there for my baptism! I just love the way the Lord blesses me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa, thanks so much for directing me to your blog! How wonderful that Abi has found someone so prepared to hear the message she was so eager to teach! Congratulations to Gio! What a marvelous step you are taking!

    I loved you description of Alaska, Teresa! Seward in winter is much different than Kodiak in the summertime. Your photos are breathtaking!

    Thanks so much for keeping in touch! (And I don't know who is supposed to do OBG this month! You'll have to ask Andrea! Maybe I'll have to have one over here and see who comes all the way from Grantsville to have fun! But I'll wait until spring is definitely here....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Abi is doing well is on fire as a missionary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! i found you through my sister-in-law Shalleece's blog. Just thought I'd let you know you're awesome! :-) It's fun to read what you and your family is up to.

    ReplyDelete