Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's a Venting Day

As most of you may know, I joined the gym a few months back. I have been faithful to go, missing only the days when Jeff and I were in Alaska. That means for 4 months I have gone 5 days a week! That's a lot! You would think that some progress would be made, right? So here is why I am venting......Last Thursday, the 21st, my trainer took my BMI (Body Mass Index) to see how much improvement I have made. In order to do this he has to know my weight, so I step on the scale and I have put on 8 pounds! URGH! He then has me hold this machine out in front of me, and somehow it measures my BMI, and guess what....It says that I haven't changed there either.

So what am I to do?......I have a friend who posts HIS weight loss success and failures on HIS facebook page. I have thought about doing this, but just don't think I want to divulge that much information about my self. I am afraid that it might be too much whining and groaning about my weaknesses, and not enough positive stuff about my strengths, but I could be accountable to all of you?

I have participated in Weight Watcher's over the years. The hardest thing there was writing down everything I ate. It still is the hardest part of trying to figure out why I can't seem to get in to shape. I realize that I have 2 things going against me...my bad knee and menopause. Oooops, too much information. I really just want to be successful!

Anyway, here's wishing you a happy, healthy, active and enjoyable summer.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, good for you! Keep it up and don't get discouraged! Think of the great shape you're getting in, and I'm sure the lbs will start dropping soon.

    My exercise is chasing Easton and walking up and down the stairs so you're way ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, man I don't think I have the motivation to go the gym one day a week let alone five- Woot Woot Teresa.

    I also think you should ask your first born who the best go-kart driver in the ward is...and don't believe a word when he tells you it's him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I must be built alot alike. I don't even like to go clothes shopping with mom and Aimee anymore, because the go to places that don't carry anything in my size. After the baby is born, I'll start on the rat race again, and then we can comiserate together.

    ReplyDelete